Are you looking for an organization that provides an open and collaborative environment? A culture that embraces individual growth utilizing a team oriented concept? At Big-D Construction we Think Big, Work Big, Live Big.
Big-D Construction, a National General Contractor of award-winning projects built by exceptional people, has a Project Engineer Opportunity located in Idaho Falls, ID. Since 1967 we have been driven by an idea so powerful, it continues to inspire everything we do. We seek honest, hardworking lifetime-learners who are undeniably good at what they do, and we give them the tools to succeed! From day one, Big-D was created to be a relationship-based, customer-focused company. That’s why year after year more than 90% of our assignments come from repeat customers and relationships. Our detailed and disciplined processes come from decades of listening to our customers and sharpening our skills. We are committed to a culture of growth and achievement. Growth demands innovation, allows for influence in our markets and industry, and creates significance and enjoyment in our careers.
Project Engineer Key responsibilities include:
- Receive and review submittals
- Write and track RFI’s and process or assist in change orders
- Prepare and maintain meeting agendas and minutes
- Maintain construction drawings, provide marketing assistance as required
- Assist Project Manager and Superintendent with subcontract and schedule administration.
- Keeps up-to-date on construction drawings and as-builts.
- Prepare and manage procurement tracking logs to correlate with the project schedule and the demands of the project.
- Keeps up-to-date on submittals, RFIs and responses, project changes & work progress, especially the items that could delay project or cause a loss, if installed incorrectly.
- Maintains the electronic and hard copy project folders as requested by the project manager
- Provides the required up-to-date copies of drawings and specifications to subcontractors.
- Quality Assurance/Quality Control: Assists superintendent in verifying that all materials installed coincide with the approved submittals.
- Ensures that the project site and construction activities are being constantly documented in writing and especially in photos.
- Files hard or electronic inspection reports, test reports, etc.
- Participates in the job closeout process.
- Monitors and enforces, along with project team, safety and OSHA safety standards to maintain a safe working environment for all employees, and site visitors.
- Assists the project manager in continually monitoring job cost reports by making certain that proper quantities are entered and cost projections are accurate; also accounts for all possible subcontractor cost impacts to the budget.
- Understands the logic of a schedule and works with the project team, as requested, to ensure that the detailed construction CPM schedule is met.
- Assists the project team to create, manage, and modify subcontract agreement and/or purchase order.
- Coordinates with the project manager to track master subcontract agreements, and ensures that the office receives signed agreements back.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, or related degree
- 2 to 4 years of related experience working on commercial construction projects (or equivalent combination of education and experience.)
- Attention to detail
- A drive to build great projects
- Big-D Pays for 100% of your medical and dental insurance- even for family plans
- Health Savings Account (HSA) with monthly Employer Contribution
- 401k w/ match
- Life Insurance & Disability paid for by Big-D
- Voluntary supplemental plans available to sign up for as well
- PTO & Holidays
If you are interested apply today or contact our Talent Manager Joe Cunliffe at (385)249-4188, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested applicants must submit their resume for consideration using our applicant tracking system. Due to the high volume of applications received, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies, or similar, will not be paid a fee and become the property of Big-D Construction.